Monday, November 05, 2012

A new review of MIND SLICES-----WELCOME TO HELL ~ by Glenn Walker: Mind Slices by Kevin R. Tipple

This has been a tough day. I fell a couple of times during the night last night trying to go to the bathroom as well as twice more today. I'm banged up pretty good and hurting, but nothing is broken.

Got notified today by Social Security that, somehow, we do not qualify for any assistance for a Medicare drug plan for me. Needless to say, we shall appeal this.

I then went out, because I had to go get Scott from UTD, and found a large screw in my right rear tire. Went to the repair place we use and they could patch it. That was followed by the information that I need all four of the tires on my car replaced asap because they are weather cracking and very unsafe. The cost---$550 and change. Pretty much takes my entire disability payment for a month.

While at the repair place I ran into somebody I used to work with just a few years ago. Not only could I not remember her name, I could barely remember working with her or anything about her family. This is somebody I worked with for months on end over several years while I was a substitute and yet I was sitting there like some kind of idiot and could not remember much of anything.

So, it has not been a fun day. I know it is nothing compared to what those in the northeast have gone through, but in my little part of the world, it has been very hard.

And then, on the flip side of everything, I find this tonight. I am just stunned by this review......

WELCOME TO HELL ~ by Glenn Walker: Mind Slices by Kevin R. Tipple: Kevin R. Tipple is a dear friend, or at least as good a friend as one can have online. That said, he's a good man, a great book reviewer...

4 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

Glad there's no serious injuries. Hang in there on the drug plan. Don't get that ruling myself.

Nice review that mirrors some of my own thoughts. More eloquently expressed though.

Fiona L. Woods said...

Sorry to hear about what's going on now.

It might make you feel a little better to go check out the Travels with Kaye blog. She's talking about her latest book "Choke" (which I've read and it's a great read) and she mentions having read your book. It's not a review, but a nice mention.

Every little bit helps!

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I don't get it either, Randy. When they did a phone interview with me a couple of weeks ago, the SS representative said they used income data based on the 2010 tax return because they don't have anything more current. Right there is a huge problem because that income year was way higher than normal.

Your review goes more into the stories than Glen's review does. I am just grateful you both and Kate Thornton liked what I did.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

That it does, Fiona, and I will go looking for it. Thanks!