Sunday, June 02, 2013

Review Queries

I remain swamped with a huge backlog of books and therefore I am saying yes to very little. Currently with Sandi far from home having her stem cell transplant, my biggest issue is my own health and how slow I am these days with books. If I do ever start working on my own stuff again I will be even slower in terms of reading and reviewing.

Authors who I have enjoyed and reviewed their work before have the best chance with me right now due to my incredible TBR pile. Also authors who fit the guidelines for my column in the Senior News Newspaper also have a major leg up on the competition. If you don't fit either category, your chances of me accepting your work are very low. That lack of acceptance has nothing to do with the quality of your work and everything to do with my personal situation here.

At this time I don't envision any changes in this situation for the foreseeable future.

2 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

Tell me about it. My email log has seven requests for reviews now. I'm only taking from authors I've reviewed in the past. Sorry, wish I could help, but I'm behind, especially on stuff I want to read just for my own pleasure.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I appreciate the offer, Randy. I got 25 requests today.

We out to form a review company like the BlueInk crowd and make some money. lol