Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sample Sunday: Excerpt "SIBYL DISOBEDIENCE" from "PUN-ishing Tales: The Stuff That Groans Are Made On" by Barry Ergang

Barry is back this week with another excerpt from PUN-ishing Tales: The Stuff That Groans Are Made On. You can also read another excerpt titled FEEDWAY from the book here.


SIBYL DISOBEDIENCE
by Barry Ergang

Her people clamored against its oppression, but the provincial government responded savagely, killing hundreds. She made it her mission to find an inspirer to unify and lead the protesters.

“I’ve written to a prophetess in Manchuria I’ve read about,” she said, “who follows the peaceful precepts of Mahatma Gandhi. I’m meeting with her to beg her assistance in our cause.”

“That’s dangerous and probably futile,” her betrothed said. “I won’t allow you to risk your life.”

“I’m going. You can’t stop me.”

          He nodded, scowling.

            “All right. But don’t expect me to approve of the Manchurian Gandhi date.”

 Barry Ergang © 2013
 PUN-ishing Tales is available at Amazon and Smashwords.

No comments: