Friday, May 23, 2014

The Freelance Gig at Tapir And Friends Animal Store

You may remember my mentioning the other day the new freelance writing I am doing for the Tapir and Friends Animal Store.  I am writing short non bylined intro pieces to various categories as well as longer pieces with byline on specific animals. The list of the longer pieces has been updated and can be found here.

Unlike a lot of freelance gigs I have done in the past, I am allowed to have a sense of humor and can use it in the pieces. An example of that can be found in the piece on the green parrot here.

I'm having a lot of fun doing this. Been a long time since I have done any freelancing at all and it feels good and a little strange to be back doing some again. Not only because I am writing--and that is important---but also because, in a way, I am back teaching again. This time I'm doing it through the written word on a website aiming to do good things in the world instead of standing in a classroom. I am also learning a few things along the way.

Hope you stop by and take a look.


Kevin

4 comments:

Terry W. Ervin II said...

A little humor does help sell products, I think.

Can't wait until you do a write up on something turtle related :)

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Sadly, turtles are not included in the lastest list of topics I have been assigned.

Shalanna said...

Goin' over there to look!

In other news . . . I can't seem to get an answer from Jenny Milchman and her team about whether I am supposed to be setting up her Dallas book event, and which day it is supposed to be. She last said that if I could raise a crowd such as an MWA chapter, her publicist in NYC would arrange something at Barnes and Noble. I can't do that or I would do it for myself, heh. So I wonder--have you heard anything about which day she will be here? Is someone else taking care of it all? I don't mind doing it as long as I get to bring my books too. The only place I have any "pull" is Lucky Dog Books, though. They may not feel that is good for them. Do you have any idea?

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I don't have any new information beyond what I told you before, Shalanna. I think she will be here August 9th and that is all I know. You might ask Earl Staggs.