Thursday, September 04, 2014

The Old Pain Scale

You know the one where the nurse or somebody says, often in an annoying sing-song voice, "On a scale of 1-10 where would you rate your pain?"

Most days I am a 5 or 6 all day.

Since yesterday morning I have been about a nine. I was hurting so bad by yesterday afternoon I could sit up for only a few minutes at a time. Not much better right now. So, I am in one of my flareups apparently for whatever this is and just have to ride it out.

It do sucketh greatly.

4 comments:

Barry Ergang said...

I hope the flareup passes quickly.

As for the obnoxious "On a scale of 1 to 10" question, it makes me want to slug a doctor and then ask, "On a scale of 1 to 10, how much does your face hurt now?"

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Yep. I have got back spams too because the pain level is so damn high.

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Hope the upsurge in pain dissipates soon! I am sure you hope so far more than me. Hang in there, Kevin.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Thanks, Terry.