Thursday, October 19, 2017

7 Down, 18 To Go

Today was a little more difficult than normal as, while trying to get her dressed, Sandi slid off the end of the bed and fell onto the floor. It took awhile, but Scott and I finally managed to get her up off the floor. Got her dressed and out the door to the car so she could have her seventh radiation treatment this morning. Nothing has changed for better or worse as she is still in severe pain in her back and off and on pain in her stomach. The chills and shakes continue as do the severe back spasms. We told her radiation folks about what had happened this morning, and near as we can all tell there are no new issues from this fall.

After radiation tomorrow,  we go to infusion so they can do fluids for a couple of hours.  Hopefully, we will be back home by early afternoon.

3 comments:

Jerry House said...

This may be irreverent, but all I can think of is the kid's song: One fell off and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

Still hoping for the best.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

You know, that song is really disturbing. Both the doctor and Monkey Child Protective Services did not do their jobs.

Elizabeth said...

And here I've been sitting around feeling sorry for myself because I need to get off my fat ass & mow the lawn while it's still sunny & warm. I know I'm blessed to be able to do it. Hubby can't use a lawnmower because of his pacemaker.

I hope Sandi feels better soon & you too, Kevin.