Friday, February 23, 2018

Physicals

By the time this post appears, Scott and I will be at our primary care physician having physicals. Something neither one of us likes as it is. As a cardiac patient, I go into these things as it is scared that EKG will freak folks out and suddenly I will be in an ambulance dealing with an issue.

Today will be much harder than normal as we are forced to talk about Sandi as our primary doctor had known her since 1980 and cared about her tremendously. It is 12 weeks as of today and I cry every time I talk about it or think about it.

This is going to be hell.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

crying about it is not a bad thing. Letting these feelings out is important for healing. Hate physicals.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Did not cry as much as I thought I would...entire new group of nurses who do not know us from Adam. So, I only had to do it once with the doc who knew her from 1980 and is hurting almost as much as I am. Hate physicals too. Where the heck is the Star Trek technology where they just use the little thing up against you for ten seconds and pronounce how you are?

Not only that, but we have had lots of rain and thunder the last few days and still no sign of the THUNDERCATS.

Such a ripoff...we were lied to!