Thursday, September 17, 2026

Got Covid Boosted


Wednesday morning Scott and I went down to our local Kroger to get our Covid boosters. As some folks know, Scott has not worked in weeks for the neighbor who does home remodeling and other stuff as there is no work for him. Don't have anything doctor wise for the rest of this month and early next, as long as nothing happens, so it seemed like a good time to get it done. 

We wanted the new Novavax shot (aka Nuvaxovid) as it worked great last year for us. We had no side effects to speak of at all. The belief by my docs was that it was the best one to get for protection and it was a plus as it was a non mRNA deal. Past boosters using mRNA technology have beaten me like drum.

So, around 9:45 yesterday morning, we got boosted. Both of us noticed that when it went in, it hurt, and did not remember that happening last year.

By noon, my left arm hurt pretty good as did Scott’s. While he remained pretty much okay, by 1 yesterday afternoon I knew it was working me.

Spent much of yesterday, and again today, in bed with on and off chills, fever, nausea, body aches (on top of my normal all body pain), really bad headaches, and my blood pressure rollercoasting like crazy. My BP tends to swing very high and very low, as it normally is, which is why  I am on the drugs I am on.

Yesterday and today have been the worst I have had in years. One reading was as high as 217/185. Within minutes it dropped to 84 over 54 and I damn near threw up. That crap also makes my head pound and makes my eyes feel like they are going to pop out of my skull.

All this beats Covid and I know that. But, this shot this year has so very much sucked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment