Monday, February 04, 2008

TBR---A Book At A Time

Tonight, with abnormally warm tempetures (75 at 7 at nite) and yet another massive heald cold, I headed out to my porch to read. I should have been working on my own writing but I feel a lot of guilt over many things including the fact that my TBR pile is so out of control. I know authors , editors, publicists, etc are waiting for me to get things read and reviewed and it seems a bit selfish to be working on my own stuff. Guilt is a powerful motivator for me as well as Moe Prager.

Which might be one of the reasons I like the Moe Prager series so much. As crickets chirped along the creek, I sat with a booklight in hand and started EMPTY EVER AFTER written by Reed Farrel Coleman. The book is scheduled to be released in April by Bleak House and so far at least, it is very good. It is a bit complicated so I won't go into the synopsis now. I will say that I would strongly suggest that if you have not read this series you start and make sure you read them in order. Always a good idea, it is very true with this novel which spends a large amount of time looking back while moving forward. The past is never past with Moe.

So, just a quick update on what I'm reading. I'm killing tissues left and right as well as cough drops and hope that I get over whatever the latest thing is quickly. Way too much to do and no time to be sick.

Kevin

No comments: