Sandi had another appointment today with the podiatrist. He has diagnosed two additional problems involving her right foot and leg. He did not choose to boot her left foot as he is thinking it is being over strained by her inability to walk correctly or normally thanks to the right side problem. He agrees with the physical therapist and has stopped all physical therapy for now.
He also has extended her unpaid medical leave to at least January 12, 2013 because of everything.
Sandi now has an MRI without contrast scheduled for Tuesday morning. She is supposed to see the podiatrist to go over the results on Friday, December 7, 2012. If surgery is needed, as is expected by everyone at this point, the plan it to try and do it before the end of the year. Not only will she have a 3500 dollar deductible next year under her Wal-Mart insurance, she will also have a different insurer so things will get weird insurance wise after the first of the year for awhile.
Next week is going to be rough. She has the PET SCAN on Monday and bloodwork. MRI Tuesday morning. At this point she is off Wednesday. Late Thursday morning we meet with the cancer doctor and go over results. Friday morning is the podiatrist.
Of course, if the worst has happened and the cancer is back, that will be the focus and any foot surgery will just have to wait as they will need to start chemotherapy and anything else they want to do as fast as possible. One hopes that she will get good news on all this stuff with no cancer and no need for any surgery.