Sunday, July 20, 2008

Earl Staggs on NETDRAG (PODCASTING)

Earl Staggs, friend and fellow writer in a local writer's group, penned the mystery novel "Memory of A Murder" featuring Adam Kingston.


From the synopsis:

After a near-fatal accident, Adam Kingston, a former FBI profiler, develops psychic powers that allow him to “see” things most people can’t. Now, twelve years later, this special sight opens the doorway to a mystery man who comes to Adam for help.

“I think I killed someone.”

Chip Weathers, a homeless man suffering from amnesia, believes he may be behind the murder of a woman found buried in the basement of the house his family once owned. A fateful Newsweek article leads Chip to Adam in the hopes he can reach through the fog of memory to determine the truth. But soon after Chip enlists Adam’s help, someone takes a shot at them. It seems as though someone has a lot to lose by Chip regaining his memory of the violent events of the past. Only Adam can “see” what really happened, but will his visions lead him to the killer or will his gift lead him to his death?

I had the pleasure of reading this book and reviewing it here as well as a few other places sometime back. Yes, Earl is my friend and in my local writer's group. So, yes, you could consider me biased. But, those who have read my many reviews here and elsewhere know that I tell it like I see it. I don't care about issues such as gender of the author, publisher of the author, whether the person is a friend, acquaintance or somebody who just found my work and thought to try me, etc. I just want a good book. It is a good book and now is once again available after the last publisher went belly up on Earl and a bunch of other folks.

Now you get a chance to hear Earl talk about his book and the perils of publishing these days. Surf over to

http://www.wildvoice.com/NETDRAG/Posts/NETDRAG-EPISODE-3-AUTHOR-EARL-STAGGS

Take a listen to the podcast. It is worth it.

Kevin R. Tipple (c) 2008

No comments: