Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Update of Sorts

Before I write another word, I want to thank all those who have donated monies as well as dropped me notes of encouragement, positive thoughts, prayers, etc. Not only is it all appreciated, it means that folks care--something that too often gets overlooked in our day to day lives. Ben Leroy of TYRUS BOOKS as well as Barry Ergang have some neat deals and if you know any gamers my son Karl is making some offers as well.


We are awaiting callbacks from numerous folks sometime today and hopefully somebody will have a lead or something to help us.  We have no idea how long it will take for the food stamp folks to review the updated information but have been told it can take as long as thirty days. Sandi's leg is a little better than it was two weeks ago so we should know more after she sees her guy Thursday.


As to me, I am about the same with no changes. In a way that is a good thing because I have not gotten any worse in the last couple of weeks. Still have heard nothing about  my disability case with Social Security. I am going to get so little anyway when finally approved, I have been holding off on trying to get a lawyer to deal with it. However, it is becoming increasingly apparent that I need the help.


Then I see pictures out of Joplin, Mo and wonder why I ever say a word about what we are going through here. Just breaks your heart....

5 comments:

Warren Bull said...

Don't be surprised if you get turned down for disability on the first attempt, I had a client who had a blood vessel break in his brain. He got turned down the first time,

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I was denied on the first go around. That was not surprising. What did surprise me was they had nothing from the doctor who told me I was disabled and needed to go to the Mayo Clinic. the guy who did injections that failed, sent me to all the other folks for testing, evaluation, etc. Yet, they claimed to have enough evidence to make a decision against me.

Makes as much sense to me as evaluating a car that has no engine, transmission, seats or interior.

Warren Bull said...

Sadly, You've got to get all the evidence yourself and present it to them. Their starting position is that you're healthy as a horse and you have to prove beyond any possible doubt that you are not. Getting relevant medical documentation from physicians is incredibly difficult. I know you are legally entitled to it but that does not matter to the clerks in medical records.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I submitted stuff and it appears it was ignored because it did not come straight from the doctors. Apparently I can fake test results and rewrite all sorts of records.

Warren Bull said...

Attorneys have an advantage because it can be dangerous to ignore their letters. They also pay a small fee for copying records and filling out forms. Therefore they can get medical records easier than you or I can. The experienced ones know the "judges" and how to approach them. The problem is they take a chuck of money and it's hard to tell the good ones from the duds. I knew 3 I would recommend and more I would suggest that people avoid.