Saturday, February 03, 2024

Scott's Take: I am Wonder Woman by Brad Meltzer

 

I am Wonder Woman by Brad Meltzer is very similar to the books, I am Batman and  I am Superman. This book in the Stories Change The World series for young readers, tells the origin of Wonder Woman along with heartfelt learning experiences for children.  So, you have all the classic bits regarding her training, meeting Steve Trevor, fighting in WW2, etc. Then a short section dealing with her modern villains and a wrap up of heroes along with a message about owning your power.

 

The origin section is a lot longer than the other books so the modern section is very short. The art remains in a cutesy style. This is another good children’s book in the series. I think this was the weakest of the series so far not because of Wonder Woman as a character but because of the short page count really hurt the pacing at the end. Hopefully, they will do more of these.


Amazon Associate Purchase Link: https://amzn.to/3UCdHbp 

 

My reading copy came from the Forest Green Branch of the Dallas Public Library System.

 

Scott A. Tipple ©2023

No comments: