Friday, November 05, 2010

Friday and Bill Crider

Since it is Friday morning, normally I would be working on a post for Friday's Forgotten Books. But, this week, Patti Abbott surveyed the landscape and gave us the week off. She also gave us an interview with the very talented and always nice guy, Bill Crider. You might have heard of his Sheriff Dan Rhodes series set over in East Texas. The brief interview is on his latest one in the series, Murder in the Air and how he came about to write it.

http://pattinase.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-i-came-to-write-this-book-bill.html

It recently finally showed up in my local library system after some persistent nudging by me, and no doubt other folks, and my wife picked it up for me earlier this week.


I am only in about seventy pages and from what I have seen so far, Bill is being nice compared to what I know to be the reality with the farms. Something he mentions in the interview.

In between his books, if you are like me and you need a daily fix off the offbeat and interesting, check out Bill's Blog at http://billcrider.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the plug, Kevin. The sheriff and I need all the help we can get!

Kevin R. Tipple said...

It clearly is another good one, Bill. Just wish I was able to sit longer so I could read it faster.