Sunday, March 19, 2017

Mental Health Day

Despite having a ton of things around here to do including doing something about replacing the printer that decided to go belly-up yesterday, I said to heck with it today and sat outside reading. I'm a bit sunburned, especially in my face, but it was well worth it. For a few hours, I forgot about things as I was lost in the latest read from John Sandford by way of the Plano Public Library System.

It is a good one.

This is also the first book I have read in recent weeks that I can't talk to Mom about. My Mom, as was my Dad, was a huge fan of Mr. Sanford's work. While Dad still preferred the Lucas Davenport series before he passed a few years ago, Mom increasingly preferred and very much enjoyed the  Virgil Flowers series.

1 comment:

Caroline Clemmons said...

Kevin, my mom passed away ten years ago and I still have moments where I want to grab the phone and share something with her. I still miss her every day. I'm sure your mom was as precious to you.