Sunday, December 31, 2017

A New Year.....Such As It Is

In 1979 as the clock rolled over into 1980 I was 18, five months away from graduating at Bryan Adams High School, and totally unaware that a certain young woman was coming my way from the north. It would not be until September or October of 1980 at Richland Junior College before I met Sandi for the first time. By that new year, Sandi was my life and my world.

Every year, especially the last several years, I always thought things would get better. I thought Sandi would get well, we would be in a better way financially, and could relax to a certain extent and be able to go do things. She had such plans for the house. All I had in mind was to make her happy and be with her.

That was not to be. For the first time since 1979 I go into a new year without her in my life. This is not a happy new year for me. It is hell. Sandi is gone and my world is in flames.  I miss her more than I can say. Nothing is ever going to be right again.

6 comments:

BPL Ref said...

This is going to be an awful year of firsts... first New Year's without her, first Easter, first birthdays...

But you are keeping her in the world with your memories, sharing her still with those who never met her. You keep her alive for the rest of us and in the future with your grandson. He needs to have those memories, different from those of your sons.

You can do that for her, for you, and for them.

Jeanne

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Mom passed on the 15th of this month and Sandi's birthday is the 19th. It is going to be very hard. Yesterday was just brutal. I kept her tradition alive of putting money outside overnight under the front doormat in the hopes of a better year money wise.

Today is also going to be a very long and very hard day.

Elizabeth said...

Hoping 2018 will be better for everyone. Here in the frozen north, the good news is that, because of a couple of Hail Mary passes with only seconds left to play, our Buffalo Bills will be going to the playoffs! First time since 1999.

I agree with everything your friend Jeanne said. I'm happy that Sandi got to hold & love your little grandson before she had to go.

Jerry House said...

Thinking of you.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Thank you, Elizabeth. It was a bad year for my Cowboys. Good luck with the Bills.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Thank you, Jerry.