Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Scott Wednesday Evening


Scott is finally fully aware of what is going on and doing a bit better. We had another major scare yesterday, but the muscle enzyme numbers finally started dropping. Thankfully, they got control of it before there was another seizure, a stroke, or organ damage to his liver, kidneys, and other things. It could have been really bad.

But, they got it stopped and his numbers this afternoon had dropped by more than half. Everything else they are watching regarding his liver, his kidney function, etc all test really well. They just have to get him down lower on the muscle enzymes deal so they can release him to go home.

We still do  not what caused any of this. He is looking at being on anti seizure drugs for quite awhile, possibly anti blood clotting drugs to prevent a stroke, probable medication changes to his normal pill regimen, and a lot of doctor visits to do testing and followups. 

The folks treating him know that if I had my way I would be camped there day and night. I can't do that. They know I am upset about everything going on and have assured me that it now appears we are through the worst of things and it should be much better going forward. 

I truly hope so. But, the cynical paranoid in me, honed by 58 years of being slapped down, is not believing them yet. 

5 comments:

Jerry House said...

I'm glad Scott is showing so many signs of improvement. Now if they can only figure out what caused the seizure in the first place...

I know it's an impossible ask, Kevin, but please try to get as much rest as possible. If you take care of yourself, you'll be better able to help Scott during his recovery.

As always, please take comfort in knowing that you are not alone in this situation.

Barry Ergang said...

The news is positive, Kev, and it's important that you display a positive attitude toward Scott to aid his recovery.

Know that lots of folks are praying for both of you.

Fiona L. Woods said...

Glad to hear Scott is doing better.

Hope your medication is helping you as well.

Gram said...

Good news. Keep the faith and know that we are holding good thoughts for both of you.

TracyK said...

That all sounds like good news, and I hope it keeps getting better. Take care, and I will be thinking good thoughts for both of you.