Saturday, September 21, 2024

Medical Update


For those who wondered...

No news on physical therapy for the foot. Foot is the same. I am wearing the brace and taking the anti-inflammatory pills. I am still staying off of it as much as possible. Still having some pain in it, a kind of weird ache, at times. I have had issues with that ankle since the 80s and the ankle really does not like the brace.

Because nothing was happening with the PT, as folks who read my ramblings here already know, Scott and I got Covid boosted Tuesday afternoon. The Novavax shot worked me over some and hardly touched Scott at all. We spent Wednesday afternoon and evening watching television and resting. By Thursday, we both were up and at it again though not feeling too well. Yesterday we both were our normal selves. The same is true today. I think we are through it. Compared to what has happened before with the Pfizer and Moderna shots, this was nothing.

I was doing well enough Thursday and yesterday that I got back to work on my story idea for the anthology, Santa Rage: 12 Tales of Murder and Mayhem. This call is from Jay Hartman and Misti Media with a deadline of September 30th. The story is now fully written. I have to polish and tweak, format correctly, and send it off.

My plan and hope is to get it off early next week.

Once that happens, I really have got to come up with an idea for the next Sisters in Crime North Dallas anthology. My story, Whatever Happened To…?, is in the one that came out earlier this year. I would like to make it back to back appearances. Deadline is the end of October and this dude has no ideas for it at all.

No comments: