Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Non-Gamer's Gamer's Blog: After These Messages, We'll Be Right Back…

I am having a very bad day after falling down our stairs here at home. I am battered and bruised, in tremendous pain and much worse off than the normal constant pain I have, and thankful that somehow, other than a new sizable dent in the wall, nothing is broken. I have said before I need personal airbags like they had on the Mars Landers. I really could have used them yesterday evening along with a bottle of pain pills.

One of these times I am not going to be so lucky. Considering the fact that, unless a financial miracle happens, we soon will be going to a homeless shelter in Dallas somewhere, stairs are not going to be an issue much longer.


So, I am a bit late in saying something about the wonderful post Glenn Walker did about us on his "The Non Gamer's Blog." Despite his love for the Eagles and all things Philadelphia as well as my feelings about Texas and all things Cowboys, we became freinds years ago. Probably because of a shared love of the written word and a shared very sense of twisted humor. I don't know why I click with certain folks like Milton Burton (get well, buddy), Barry Egrang, Glenn Walker, Earl Staggs and many others I could name and won't. It just happens sometimes. Just like I drive some other folks nuts without doing anything.


Glenn wrote about our plight yesterday and mentioned my son Karl and his Amazon store. Thank you, Glenn. Means a lot.


The Non-Gamer's Gamer's Blog: After These Messages, We'll Be Right Back…: "Writers are a brotherhood. And by brotherhood, I mean brotherhood and sisterhood. I don't want to leave the ladies out by virtue of the wr..."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words, Kevin, hope this helps.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Would not say it if it were not true, Glenn. Appreciate the effort and support.

I hope I am wrong but I think we have hit the end of the road. One never knows until that final buzzer, but things don't look good.