Thursday, January 29, 2015

Sandi Update

She is a very unhappy patient for a variety of reasons. While I was there with Scott, her doctor came in to look at her leg. He says her leg looks better and that should mean the IV antibiotic is doing something. Quite honestly, he is apparently seeing an improvement that Sandi and I are not seeing.

The plan is for her to have the round the clock IV antibiotic for the next two weeks minimum. Sometime next week, if it becomes clear the antibiotic is working, they will start setting something up for her to have the IV antibiotic at home. How that will work we have no idea. 

In the meantime she is going nowhere and hating every minute of it. I know for sure I am going back down to the hospital tomorrow. I may stay home for the weekend as heavy rain is in the forecast and my cane does not do well on wet pavement. Neither do I for that matter. I have done way too much the last couple of days out of necessity and am paying the price.

As to reviews, for FFB tomorrow,  Barry's review of  the short story anthology Wicked Women will run. I have several reviews to write and post thanks to a lot of reading at the hospital, but have no idea when I will get to them.


5 comments:

mybillcrider said...

Let's hope the doctors are right about the improvement and that things progress satisfactorily.

Barry Ergang said...

What Bill said.

Ron Scheer said...

Still here. Expecting the best for you both.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Thanks, guys.

Carol N Wong said...

Don't blame her not wanting to stay in the hospital for such a long time and sorry that her leg is not improving!!!