Friday, November 25, 2016

No FFB Today--I'm Sorry

If you came looking for the FFB review this week, I apologize for not having something up. Thanksgiving for us is/was a tough day. This year marks five years since Sandi was first diagnosed. Our lives permanently changed around 1:45 in the afternoon when the doctors came in and broke the news. While she has survived far longer than anyone expected and, make no mistake we all are very grateful for that, we are acutely aware of her increasing limitations and what is going to come. So, it was a tough and very emotional day for us.

I need a break and did NOT want to run another repeat. So, I took today off FFB wise.

I hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.


5 comments:

Maureen Harrington said...

Dear Sandi and Kevin, I am thinking of you and wishing you well.I understand what you are saying. Steve and I are in a similar experience now, as well. XO

Yvette said...

In spite of it all, I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. There's always something to be grateful for. Even if it seems infinitesimal. You guys are tough and that's something to be thankful for as well. At least in my book.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I'm just having a hard time dealing with things and am in a bad place mentally.

Kaye George said...

Holidays can be so tough for so many people. Your "anniversary" makes this even tougher. Hang in there. An elderly woman (late 80s, I think) was asked at our church what her favorite bible verse was. She said, "And it came to pass." She went on to say that it told her all things would pass and the present wouldn't stay the same, for better or worse. I don't know if that comforts you, but sometimes it does me.

Maureen Harrington said...

Kaye, that's helpful to me as well.

Kevin, is there anything you can think of that might help, even the tiniest bit.