Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Non-Gamer's Gamer's Blog: But I Wanna Play The Vision

I'm old enough to remember Atari. When I was a kid we were happy with Space Invaders and life was good. On occassion, I still drag out my old Atari 2600 and blast the heck out of things that drop down towards the planet while the boys laugh at how old fashioned everything is.

If they keep that up, I dig out my old "Miami Vice" soundtrack record and a few other things and crank it up too just to show the boys what real music is and not that noise they listen to these days. They should be glad I have to use the cane to do anything these days as it wasn't that long ago I would spin the records and Sandi and I would dance.

Glen Walker is not only a good writer as well as my friend, he is trying to learn the new stuff. This is his latest column and it is another good one.
The Non-Gamer's Gamer's Blog: But I Wanna Play The Vision

2 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

I'm with you, Kevin. I'm an old rock and roller from the sixties(I was just hitting puberty when the Beatles came along). There is a bit of new stuff I can listen too though.

Just don't get me started on most of today's computer games. My nephew laughs cause I like to play card games on the computer.

And though not very good, I used to cut a rug at a local nightclub that had live music on Saturday nights(the owner had his own band). Ah, Moon's Danceland brings back memories.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

You got a few years on me, Randy. :)))

The boys have tried to teach me but my hand reactions just are not coordinated or fast enough.

Pretty sure we danced ugly too. We did a little bit out in public but it was more here at home by the stereo.