Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Transfusion Done

We are finally back home after another incredibly long day at the Hospital. After they gave her the injection shot to finish off the fifth round of chemo we were sent over to "day surgery" for the blood transfusion.

Much like chemo, this required additional tests to confirm various things, saline drips, and assorted meds to prevent reactions. So, that took a couple of hours before they could actually start the transfusion of two units into her. They had to run it at a very slow rate as if they did it too fast it could trigger a heart attack in someone with Sandi's cardiac history.

So, it took the day and we are finally home. Exhausted but home.  Sandi is doing okay though she is very tired.

I have a very swollen and discolored leg as happens to me now when I have been up on it way too much these two days. I also have over 250 e-mails at this point so please be patient as I will work on things tomorrow. I just can't do anything more as I am worn out and in mind boggling pain.
 

Kevin

6 comments:

Kate Thornton said...

Hi Kevin - just want to say hang in there and send my best to Sandi and the boys.
Thanks for the updates - I like to know what's going on with my friends. I wish I could do more.
Kate

Randy Johnson said...

Yes, don't worry about us at all. Get that rest, both of you.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Thank you, Kate. You have done way too much and you know it. The updates will keep coming.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Sounds like I was harsh the way you said it, Randy. lol She slept and I didn't which means situation normal.

Johles said...

Thanks for the update. I've checked a couple of times throughout the day to see if there was an update. Sounds like it went well. I hope you both wake up rested tomorrow and that there is a bright spot at the end of your week. Best, Janet

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Hi, Janet.....so far so good. Sandi says she feels much better than normal today so apparently the transfusion worked. At least so far.

I think I need one......