Monday, September 03, 2012

Writer's Block IS REAL

While some writers claim there is no such thing as writer's block, there are those of us who know from very painful personal experience that writer's block is very real. It is not solved by taking a walk in the woods, switching projects, packing up the laptop and going somewhere else for a change of scenery or any of the other ideas glibly tossed off by folks who never truly experienced real writer's block. It is all encompassing. It is a heavy weight on you body and soul that just kills you inside.

Having had this argument with folks over the years, I also know that there are those who will never understand what I am talking about until they are unlucky enough to experience it first hand. I am not looking to start another debate on that.  If you have not lived it--you just don't know.

But, when Barry sent me this the other day, I thought it was funny......



2 comments:

Jacqueline Seewald said...

For me, writer's block has been caused by the depression created by receiving rejections. However, I decided that if I was going to continue writing and felt that I had within me words worthy of communication, I was simply going to have to accept that not all of my work would meet with acceptance or approval. It's made me that much more appreciative of those who do like and appreciate my work.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

That has happened to me as well, Jacqueline.

But, there is a deeper one that goes on for weeks or months at a time. I don't know what that is tied to specifically, but it is horrible.