Sunday, October 27, 2024

My Reading At Dallas Noir at the Bar Sunday 11/3


Next Sunday, I and a group of far more talented writers, will be reading at the Dallas Noir at the Bar at The Wild Detectives. Things kick off at 7:30 PM. If you are in the Dallas area, I hope you come on out and see us.

For my part, I will be reading an excerpt from my short story, The Hospital Boomerang, published in the anthology, Larceny & Last Chances: 22 Stories of Mystery & Suspense. Published by Superior Shores Press, edited by Judy Penz Sheluk, the read is available in both print and digital formats at Amazon and other vendors.

My short story is a Texas based crime fiction tale set in a small town. Our narrator is a bit bitter and has gone through some things over the years. He also has a bit of a sarcastic streak as he narrates the story.

If you can’t make it out, or just want to whet your appetite for it, I posted an excerpt from it earlier this year here on my blog.

I also discussed the story and what I was trying to do in it at Art Taylor’s The First Two Pages back in June. You can read that piece here.

Folks that have read it, seemed to like the story, as it has gotten positive praise. That includes author Rob Lopresti who reviewed it on his Little Big Crimes blog.

I hope to see you there.

No comments: