Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Finally Home

We are finally home as, while they held off on the blood transfusion, they decided she needed a bag of magnesium as she was critically low. The hope is this will hep with her severe nausea. They are also taking her off of two drugs and adding two in the hopes of helping the nausea issues.

Because Texas Medicaid has not approved us yet I also had to sign a payment contract guaranteeing payments of $100 a month starting today. How we are going to pull that off I have no idea. In theory, while I had to pay it today, by next month they think the Medicaid should be approved as she is now officially classified in the paperwork as "terminal." Something I knew, but it was still very hard to hear that official diagnosis is now how she is being classified for the insurance, state programs, and other things.

The current plan is we go back Thursday morning for blood work. If she does not get better from an anemia standpoint or if it gets any worse, she will be admitted for the day while they do a blood transfusion. Next week she goes back in the hospital for the third round of chemo. Since insurance has suddenly reversed their denial and now approved her for the next medically necessary Pet Scan they are trying to do it next week while she is in the hospital already getting the chemo.

2 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

My heart goes to y'all. My mother in law is battling terminal cancer herself and while she seems to have come to grips with it all my wife has not.

Life is full of bitter pills. I will pray for sandy and yourself and I know that is not the kind of help you truly need, but please know I'd offer more if I could.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

My condolences, Travis. I would not wish this on anyone. I think Sandi has come to grips with it and is determined not to give up yet. I am having a much harder time dealing with all of it.