Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Medical Update

Sandi's blood work was very bad regarding her kidney function and some other issues. Despite that fact, they went ahead and did the IVIG infusion because to not do it in the shape she is in right now would be more dangerous.

Going forward the chemo is being stopped in favor of radiation. They took another look at the images and compared them to her earlier records. The tumor in her lower back next to her spinal cord is of a size that it is pressing on a variety of vital functions and could do irreversible permanent damage to motor skills and bodily functions if the growth is not immediately stopped. They don't feel they have time to wait for the chemo to do something.

So, we await an appointment with the radiation doctor and the treatment schedule. This is another case where a holiday schedule is not at all helpful.

4 comments:

Bill Crider said...

Sorry the struggle continues to be so hard. Judy had a tumor near the spine, and the radiation took care of it, so there's that to hope for.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I hope that happens here. Everyone we have met here that had radiation has had huge issues so we are both seriously scared and upset.

Barry Ergang said...

Here's praying for another of Sandi's miraculous outcomes.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Thank you, Barry. I am just hoping they can stop this one from getting worse.