Friday, October 09, 2020

Post Scoping

Been home resting for about two hours now. I have some gastric pain, but, overall I am doing pretty good.  

In stunning and awesome news, Doc says he sees no sign of any cancer or anything headed that way. 

I do have a massive amount of inflammation from stem to stern. I have some diverticulitis and a bunch of some sort of ulcers in my esophageal tract. Over twenty biopsy samples were taken from these various sites. Those samples are on the way to pathology for  testing. They might come back cancerous, but the doc has been doing this for quite a few years now and feels very positive that they will not be an issue. 

So, it seems I got the best possible news today all things considered. 

10 comments:

Barry Ergang said...

Outstanding news!

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Indeed. I am stunned.

Jerry House said...

I am glad to hear everything turned out all right in the end. (he-he-he) (Forgive me.)

Kevin R. Tipple said...

lol....yes, when he drilled down in there, things were not nearly as bad as feared.

Judy Penz Sheluk said...

good to hear Kevin.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Thanks, Judy. We await pathology to make absolutely sure.

TracyK said...

I am very glad to hear that. Waiting for test results can cause a lot of tension, I hope you can relax.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

It sure can. As I understand things at this point, if any of them come back funky, they will probably be of the pre cancerous type and they can be dealt with relatively easy compared to full bore tumors or something like that.

Caroline Clemmons said...

Good news, Kevin! Not pleasant to prepare for those invasive tests, but wonderful when you get good news.Take care.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Thanks, Caroline. I am trying.