Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Severe Weather Tonight

Very unexpected severe weather moved across the Metroplex late this afternoon and evening. Four super storms formed at different points across the area. One storm formed in Western Denton county and then headed through here with small marble sized hail. It then moved down into Dallas dumping ping pong and baseball sized hail across large sections of North and East Dallas. The damage pictures from the Lakewood and North Park areas are just heartbreaking.

We got lucky here as everything seems to have survived this latest weather scare.


Kevin

4 comments:

Susan said...

It is heartbreaking. We were right in the middle of the weather. I have a 3 inch hailstone in the freezer... Our cars now look as if they have cellulite and all our vegetation is shredded. At least our windows weren't broken, as were some of our neighbors'. Scary thing is, less than five minutes after the hail stopped (which went on for 20 min or so - longest I've ever seen) the sky was patched with bright blue and the sun was shining. Texas weather!

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I'm so sorry, Susan.

LA said...

What is luck, anyway? Although I don't know you personally, Kevin or Susan, I've known random weather, & random whatever, in life; sufficiently to hope that the travails we experience aren't a reflection of our worth, our aspirations, our efforts...just randomness. Texas weather=California weather(my current incarnation)=NY weather (my stomping grounds)=whatever. All we can hope for is--what? Hope. Hoping for us all,LA.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I think there is a little luck involved as well. When a funnel cloud lifts up as it crosses over, when a storm turns right before it gets here, etc. I think this is more luck than randomness.