Monday, June 11, 2012

Update---Sandi's Port Surgery

We are finally home.

Unfortunately, things were not simple at all because Sandi had developed a huge amount of scar tissue around the port. Her body really went to town on it and encapsulated it quite well. Between that and the fact that moving it to get to the underside to clip two sutures holding it into the major artery to her heart was so difficult, it was a much longer procedure than expected.

The good news is they finally got it dug out of her and she is home. She is considerable pain and  resting very uncomfortably. At least it is out of her.

I have to lie down awhile before I try and make dinner. If I can after dinner and right now this is a huge IF as I have fallen hard twice since getting home I am going to sit up and work on e-mail. If I can't, you won't hear anything more from me until tomorrow.

We are home and thank you one and all.


Kevin


2 comments:

Peg said...

Wishing you both rest and peace. Still praying for Sandi's continued rebound to health.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Thank you, Peg.