Sunday, July 08, 2012

No Fun Here

Yesterday was my local writers group. Thanks to Earl Staggs and Caroline Clemmons who provided transportation and a lot of assistance, I went. I have had to give up a lot because of my new normal of pain and mobility issues and I really don't want to have to give this up too. Like always I enjoyed myself and hopefully helped the others a little bit with my take on their stories.


But, I am again reminded why it most likely is time to shut down this aspect of my life as well. Last night was utter agony. It felt like several people were literally constantly beating my left leg and back with baseball bats. Just constantly pounding on me making the pain and burning worse hour by hour. All my little tricks I have learned over the last two years plus of this nightmare to at least take the edge off failed miserably.


Today I am hurting almost as bad. My left leg is still considerably swollen. Sitting for more than a few minutes is impossible. I am spending the day face down on the floor reading in front of a box fan. I will spare you the picture. Not pretty from behind. 


Things have to change. This so sucks.I have had it.


Kevin

2 comments:

mb said...

Oh, Kevin. I am so sad for you. When your disability case is settled, will you have access to medical attention finally?

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Assuming I am approved by the ALJ I think so. There won't be a decision for three to six months from the hearing date so it will be awhile.