Saturday, May 25, 2013

Earl's Short Story Book

Earl posted the below about his book earlier today and since Earl is in my local writing group and the book is very good I thought I would pass along his message.....

 
You might consider a collection titled SHORT STORIES OF EARL STAGGS. Published in 2011, it contains 16 stories, ranging from humorous to softboiled to hardboiled. One of them brought home a Derringer Award from the Short Mystery Fiction Society as Best Short Story of the Year.

But don't take my word for it. I'm biased. Here are some comments from people you can trust:


Kaye Barley: "I think he is a terrific writer, and one of the best when it comes to short
stories.......this is wonderfully done collection."
 
Rob Walker:  "a terrrific collection of stories in the mystery category. I think everyone on DL needs read Earl Staggs' stories."
 
Larry D. Marshall:  "These stories reflect a mastery of the mystery form that few have accomplished. . .I laughed at my Kindle while being somewhat awestruck at his storytelling."

Jan Christensen: "Earl is a meticulous writer. He actually crafts his stories to make them stand out from others who do not pay as much attention to craft and detail."
 
This collection is available in print from Amazon and as an ebook for Kindle and any other reader.

More details at:  http://earlwstaggs.wordpress.com/short-story-collection-5/


Earl Staggs 
 

1 comment:

Barry Ergang said...

I second Kevin's recommendation: http://kevintipplescorner.blogspot.com/2011/07/barrys-reviews-short-stories-of-earl.html