Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Sandi's Chemo Hats

I'm a bit late with this after having a very hard day yesterday. Scott and I had blood work done yesterday and I wasn't feeling well before we spent over an hour and a half at the doctor's office trying to get it done. That kind of finished me off for the day. Next Tuesday we go back for results and exams. Scott has a doctor appointment late this morning and I am hoping that goes way quicker than yesterday. 

These are the latest hats Sandi has done while getting ready to be admitted yesterday. There were ten hats and she donated them to the cancer unit at Mayo. The pictures are a little dark as she had to take them in her hotel room the last night of her stay instead of out on the porch here.

While in the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit at Mayo Sandi can receive get well cards and notes and even yarn as they have made a special exception so she can continue to crochet as long as she is up to it. She can't receive books, flowers, mylar balloons, food or snacks of any type, and a host of other things. If you would like to send her something please e-mail me and I can provide you her mailing address in the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit at Mayo.

I have some pictures she sent of her hospital room that she moved into yesterday morning. I will post those later today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chemotherapy hats are an excellent alternative for individuals suffering from chemotherapy sessions. This therapy got a common side effect named hair loss and these hats are specifically designed to cover their hair loss and to build their confidence level so that they many not feel dominated in the society.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

The comment above is for a Canadian based company that produces chemotherapy hats, wigs, etc. My approval of the comment was done to make readers aware of other services available and should not be seen as an endorsement of the poster or the company.