Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Review Queries

As of a little over an hour ago I had received over 200 review queries in five days. I suspect some of this is due to my inclusion in the updated Book Reviewers Yellow Pages.  I remain swamped with a huge backlog of books and therefore I am saying yes to very little. Currently with Sandi far from home having her stem cell transplant, my biggest issue is my own health and how slow I am these days with books. If I do start working on my own stuff again I will be even slower in terms of reading and reviewing.

Authors who I have enjoyed and reviewed their work before have the best chance with me right now do to my incredible TBR pile. Also authors who fit the guidelines for my column in the Senior News Newspaper also have a major leg up on the competition. If you don't fit either category, your chances of me accepting your work are very low. That lack of acceptance has nothing to do with the quality of your work and everything to do with my personal situation here.

At this time I don't envision any changes in this situation for the foreseeable future.


5 comments:

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Hey, if you find the inspiration to work on something of your own, the reviews can wait a bit.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

lol...others would disagree, Terry.

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Hey, I've got a piece burried in your TBR/Reviewed stack. If I'm willing to wait longer to see something of yours completed...why not everyone? Maybe I just look at things differently.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I know you do, Terry, and I am sorry about that.

Terry W. Ervin II said...

No worrying on my end, Kevin. Hope you do find the time and inspiration to write a bit.