Thursday, June 19, 2014

Update on Things

This has been a hard week for both Sandi and I both physically and mentally. The bills keep piling up, the calls about them keep coming, and we both feel pretty bad. Sandi's ongoing feet issue has been really bugging her and the warmer weather certainly is not helping her ongoing breathing problems. Next month marks a year since she went on oxygen equipment 24/7. What little hope we had that it would be temporary seems to have been nothing more than wishful thinking.

You have not seen much from me these last few days and what little you have seen has been accomplished by my lying stretched out on the floor on my stomach trying to type and click to do whatever. The ongoing back and leg deal has been insane this week. Tomorrow Sandi has a long day infusion deal and how I am going to make it through sitting in their institutional chairs I have no idea.

Despite how bad the week has been and more, one thing happened that is simply wonderful. The good folks of Tapir and Friends Animal Store for whom I do a little freelance writing for as I can have created a page  devoted to some of Sandi's creatures. Through the site they have offered them for sale with the monies made going to help Sandi pay for cancer treatment. They have Sandi's stuff in their warehouse and can ship quickly as well as market her items which takes a burden off of us that is increasingly difficult to accomplish.

Sandi's page is here and I hope you will check it out as well as the other things on the site.

No comments: