Monday, June 30, 2014

At The Scene Of the Crime Update--- Why I've Been So Silent Lately...

Patrick Ohl explains "Why I've Been So Silent Lately..."  and I sincerely wish him all the best as he embarks on a major turning point in his life.  It has been an honor and a pleasure to run his reviews here for Friday's Forgotten Books (still have a few more which is good) as well for his long distance friendship.

In the wake of what has happened to both Sandi and myself my advice is to do what feels right at the time and not count on the future. I am not the first to say the future is by no means guaranteed. I am not saying stop saving for retirement or not to do some planning. I am saying to make sure you tell folks you love them and make sure they know it. We never saw the twin freight trains coming that have barreled into our lives forever ending our plans to someday buy a home on some land so that we could have horses and travel the country. Do what you can now when every day isn't a struggle on so many fronts.

Trust me....you will be glad you did.

2 comments:

tapirgal said...

Wise advice. I'm so sorry about the reasons, but it is so true! Well said.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I think about this stuff now far differently than I used to just a few years ago.