Late this afternoon Sandi was admitted to the hospital for the third round of chemo. Today she was doing okay and was not having any pain from the skull tumors (which are clearly growing again) though the nearby swelling at the back of her head was massively worse. If the swelling is the cancer mutating and spreading, as the doctors believe, I have no idea if this current chemo protocol is going to do a damn thing to help her.
But, she is in and awaiting chemo. We think they will start with blood transfusions tonight as she was so anemic Wednesday. They won't start anything until they get the lab work back and know how Sandi is tonight. Since they only have the one line into her to work with, we think things may extend beyond the five days unless they end up adding IV lines into her.
I know there is a lot of horrible stuff going on right now. But, if you have a moment to think of her and say a little prayer (or whatever works for you), I would really appreciate it. Thank you.