Saturday, May 19, 2018

Saturday Afternoon

By the time this post appears, I should be on the road to or at Michael Bracken's home for his annual Spring gathering of writers. Michael Bracken and his lovely wife, Temple Walker, host this deal each year. Last year was the first time I was able to go and did so by driving over to Earl's place in Fort Worth where we all met up and then Graham Powell drove us both down.

This year I had decided in the wake of everything that had happened here as well as my own worsening health that I simply was not going. Beyond the fact that my grief makes me hard to be around and I am not good company, driving to Fort Worth was impossible. That got very painfully confirmed on so many levels after driving  a far shorter distance to downtown Dallas for Probate Court back on the 7th when my brother was in town. After that day, I knew without question I wasn't going.

That is until Graham Powell offered to come all the way over here and get me before heading to Earl's place.  Once he has me, we will go get the now three time Derringer winner. Then we will head south for the approximately 100 mile trip down to Bracken's place.

It should be a fun afternoon. And one I will be a part of thanks to Graham.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm very happy that you will get to go to such a fun party! Yes, things are tough, but you'll feel better soon. Today is hubby's birthday & our anniversary, as well as Prince Harry & Meghan's big day.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Congrats. Yes, it was fun.