Friday, April 27, 2012

FLUSH FICTION CONTEST---TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED

FLUSH FICTION CONTEST---TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED

I have heard from Barry late this afternoon by phone and he reports a massive problem with his e-mail. Due to his inability to send or revive e-mails  that it now appears started sometime overnight, it is clear that the contest should be suspend temporarily until such time as his e-mail system is back up and functioning again. Once it is, additional time will be allowed in order that  those who wish to enter may do so.

On behalf of both Barry and myself, we apologize for this unforeseen technical problem.

2 comments:

Barry Ergang said...

By way of explanation, the problem began somewhere around 11 a.m. today when I realized I wasn't receiving e-mails, including some from a gentleman I was on the phone with who sent some while we spoke. I called Comcast and worked to no avail with a woman who determined that although I could send mails, I could not receive them.

Thus, I had to put the contest on hold in fairness to those who might have entered but whose messages have not yet been received and their information logged. Once I can start receiving messages again, I'll add any contest entries that arrived before midnight on Friday, April 27th. After I've selected a winner, Kevin will announce the name on his blog and I'll contact that person via e-mail.

Thank you for your patience, and those cuss words you hear in the distance are very likely mine.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

As noted before in my posting----Once (Barry's e-mail) is working, additional time will be allowed in order that those who wish to enter may do so.

I have experienced an intermittent bounce back with Barry's email this afternoon so both sending and receiving is clearly affected.