After a brief detour to see my brother who is currently here, as well as pick up Sandi's latest medications, we are now home. We got very bad news today.
Long story short--- the large B cell thing is pretty much everywhere in all sizes and shapes tumor wise and that includes multiple lymph nodes in her neck, chest and groin area. Doctors are trying to be positive and scrape me off the floor, but the situation is really bad.
Only because it is a holiday weekend and all that entails with hospital staff and support, they are holding off admitting her for a new five day round of chemo until next Tuesday. Much of what they have used before chemo wise is ruled out now due to the fact that she has either built up a tolerance to it or if they used it again it would kill her.
If the first chemo deal does not work, they have a second option that has huge toxicity and other risks with it. They really don't want to try that as there are major issues with it.
So, not only is the news bad, it is far worse than anyone expected. They kept stressing they were not giving up and did not want her to give up either. She isn't. She took it amazingly well.
50 US States Challenge: update
3 hours ago