We are finally home as it was a long morning in the doctor’s office. Most of the bloodwork was where they wanted it to be, though she is a bit anemic. They decided to leave that alone and not do any blood transfusions as she has been through so much in recent weeks. That fact as well as the fact that she is so cold to the point she is using multiple blankets and still shaking from being cold led them to pull a bunch of blood to rule out any blood infection.
Because of how very weak she is and other issues that mean she is very medically fragile right now, the decision has been made to hold off on chemo for now. They need her to gain some strength back. Simply put, chemo would most likely kill her. We have no choice, but to wait and allow the cancers to do what they do and hope for the best.
We go back next Thursday for another office visit and blood work. Most likely, we will do the same thing the following week and then, assuming things have improved, the week after that she would go back in for more chemo. That is the plan today. Everything is very much up in the air depending on how she is doing and what the blood tests come back regarding the possible blood infection. Fingers crossed nothing is happening there.