Tuesday, July 25, 2017
They are running the bacterial blood test again and will not have results until sometime late Wednesday. If it comes back negative (clear), they will begin the process of sending her home. That includes training me how to handle her tri fusion port and change antibiotic and other fluid bags as well as lining up home health care aides and nursing support. She will be coming home to what was my Mom's house as we have her bed here and other things including a ton of boxes. This all means that the next round of chemo is delayed and I have no idea when they plan to try again. The first hurdle that has to be crossed is a negative blood test.