Thursday, July 20, 2017

Sandi Update 7/20/17

After spending all morning and much of the early afternoon at the house doing stuff, we went to the hospital to see Sandi. She was awake, alert, and sitting up out of bed as the the IV pump pulsed antibiotic into her. She still has no fever and things seem to be relatively stable so far.


She will have, at the minimum, two weeks of in hospital antibiotics around the clock per the doctor today. Once she finishes that, they will assess her and then made a decision whether to send her home for a brief break or to go straight into chemo. We cross that bridge when we get there.

7 comments:

Bill Crider said...

Sounds positive.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I think so. I am not quite as worried and freaked out as I was Tuesday evening and yesterday.

Barry Ergang said...

I'm naturally glad to hear Sandi's situation has apparently improved, but I'm also glad to hear some of your stresses have abated.

BPL Ref said...

So glad to hear!!!

Jerry House said...

So many damn bridges to cross, Kevin. Hoping that each leads to better and better news.

Judy Penz Sheluk, author said...

Rooting for you and Sandi.

Reine said...

Thinking of you all and hoping for the best.