Wednesday, March 20, 2019

EYE DOC VISIT

We are home and the dilation has worn off enough that I can see a little bit to post this. Working email or poking around online is going to have to wait until things are way better.

Scott is absolutely fine with only a very slight change needed on his prescription.

It has been seven years since I was in for a check and it seems that everything is fine. Yes, my eyes have changed significantly and I need new glasses. In fact, I will now need two different pairs. One for driving as seeing distance has become an increasing issue. So much so I have quit driving on any freeway as I just can’t see far enough down the road to feel safe at highway speeds. I will also have a second pair for reading and on the computer. They will be set up to be bifocals and should help.

More importantly, despite my terror, there is no sign of any macular degeneration at all. No glaucoma, no cataracts, no anything. In my left eye there has always been a large vein wrapped around the optic nerve from front to back. It is something that has to be watched as it could rupture and cause a massive stroke. It has not changed at all.

The Doctor spent considerable time evaluating both of my worries today as well as comparing the retinal photographs from 2012 and today. There is no change at all.

I can’t tell you how relieved I am about that.

So, good news all around. Next up on this, we should have our new glasses in about two weeks.

I am hoping to be able to see well enough today to be online and working on my email, but there is a more than decent chance I won’t be able to. I want to thank one and all for their good thoughts and prayers on my behalf as I was nervous wreck.

No comments: