Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Missing Patricia Harrington

Early this morning I saw the sad news on the Mystery Fanfare blog that Patricia Harrington had passed away. I didn't really know her having never met her in person. But, I am still saddened by her passing. From time to time I heard from her privately before I became ill and more often since. This was especially true the last year or two as Sandi fought cancer, went into remission, and then had it came back with a vengeance.

Pat was always supportive in her e-mails. Sometimes she wrote me when she saw me talking flack on various lists for expressing an opinion that was a bit counter to the majority. Other times it was in response to a blog post--often when I shared news of a setback here. She was always incredibly gracious, positive, and supportive, as she constantly reminded me that we have friends everywhere who are always with us in spirit if not physically.

Patrica Harrington you are truly missed and thank you for your friendship and support.....

2 comments:

Barry Ergang said...

I'm very sorry to hear this. I knew Pat (though not as well as you, Kevin) via some web groups we both belonged to. She was a very nice woman.

Graham Powell said...

I knew her slightly through the Short Mystery group - where I haven't really participated in years - and she seemed like a very nice person.