Thursday, October 10, 2013

As Seen Elsewhere

and very true.....



I'm beyond disgusted.  It was bad enough under Texas rules that Sandi did not qualify for Texas medicaid despite the fact that she has terminal cancer leaving us on the hook for thousands of dollars her insurance won't cover because of this or that technicality. Or the fact that because they count her small Social Security Disability (SSD) payment and mine and that means I apparently no longer qualify for Medicare reimbursement which means I am now going to be responsible for not only my Medicare premium each month, but at least 200 dollars more in medication costs. More than half of my SSD each month will now go to the Medicare premuim and the drug costs of the medications I am currently on.

We still don't have our food stamps for this month. If the unthinkable happens and the default is triggered, as it stands now, we won't receive our SSD next month and that means we won't be able to pay our rent. We will be homeless--it truly is that simple.

Like millions of other Americans, while this nonsense goes on, we suffer. I don't care which party you support or why. This is no way to run a government or the country. Remember who did what and hold them accountable when it is time to vote again.

2 comments:

Maureen Harrington said...

Kevin, that's a horror. I wonder if any of Sandi's medical treatment will require the insurance coverage under the ACA.

Maureen Harrington said...

I know their website has been overrun with requests and inquiries but if you are able…