Tuesday, October 29, 2013

What Sells E-Books Today?

That is the question a lot of self published authors, including myself, are asking. We know the gold rush is over and now it is harder than ever to move our books. Dave Zeltserman has a few thoughts here in a piece well worth reading.

One thing really jumped out at me since I do so many reviews. He writes:

"Online book reviews: Web reviews seldom sell more than a couple of books--print or ebook the same."

While I don't think it is the responsibility of a reviewer to sell books (or stop somebody from buying a book either) it is rather depressing to have what amounts to be so little impact.

2 comments:

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Sadly, his conclusion, Kevin, was that nothing sells ebooks, unless Amazon gets behind you somehow.

I can say when Flank Hawk was in the top best rated Epic Fantasy and Historical Fantasy, I got slow but steady sales. When it slipped off, the Kindle sales slid as well. Not to zero but a fraction of the original pace.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Yes, that was his conclusion.

In my case, both books sit at zero sales.