Thursday, October 07, 2021

Cardiologist Today

As some folks know by way of social media, I had my annual visit with the cardiologist way up in Plano today.

Allegedly, I am okay, and remain stable heart wise. That means my congestive heart failure is not worse and remains under control through medications.

I have lost a little more weight since the last time he saw me and the BP was in a good place. He also liked how the EKG turned out as it was the same as the last several over the past couple of years. He listened as well as poked and prodded me and liked everything he saw.

We discussed my efforts to try and keep some mobility in place by walking up and down the street each evening a couple of times. Obviously, he would like me to do more distance than I am, but recognizes my other health issues and use of a cane make going very far impossible. Still wants me to get some help for my grief. We agreed that my not crying in his patient room this time was a positive sign. He was also very happy that despite everything I remain sober one day at a time.

So, all in all, a good visit and that box is checked for another year. As always, if I feel symptoms or have something new start up, I am to call asap.

3 comments:

Barry Ergang said...

Glad to hear this positive report.

Caroline Clemmons said...

Glad you're doing well, Kevin. Have you tried using a rollator-type walker? Sure helps me. Bless you and Scott! I hope you will get grief counseling soon.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

No, I have not tried as they all seem to sit too low and I end up hunched over. Thanks, Caroline!