Tuesday, July 27, 2021

George Weir

 Just learned that mystery author and cyber friend George Weir has passed. Damn cancer. Had no idea he was sick. He never said a word. Just devastated.


After Sandi passed, he made a point to reach out every now and then and check on me to make sure I was not having any stupid thoughts. I was. He got my head back on a little less crooked on more than one occasion. Not only am I going to miss the hell out of his books he had planned, I am going to miss the hell out of him as the person he was.

2 comments:

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Is this the same George Weir who wrote the Bill Travis mysteries? He wasn't that old, was he?

In any case, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Kevin.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Yes, it is, sir. No, he wasn't.

From what I have seen on FB, he was dealing with liver and esophageal cancer. Both are nasty ones from what I used to see in infusion with Sandi. Esophageal especially is one that is very hard to get ahead of or slow down.

This is a very crappy day.