Thursday, August 04, 2022

Shingles Shot

Got vaccinated this morning with my Shingles shot.

Tonight, my arm is hot at the injection site, I have a headache, and I feel like a freight train rolled over me. I always feel bad after running errands, as we did today. The Texas heat has been really tough for me to deal with so I knew on that fact alone, I would feel bad tonight. This is way worse. Might even be worse than the Covid J&J shots were for  me. 

I really did not want to do this. But, the doc made it clear back when I had my physical a few weeks ago that if I developed Shingles, there was a very strong chance I would be in ICU and in real trouble. Like, in my situation if I got them, there was no way I would not be in ICU in short order. Did not want that and did not want to run the risk. So, I did it. 

Kind of regret that decision now. 

I just looked up the side effects and THEN discovered that this damn thing is a two shot deal. Apparently, I have to do round two in a couple of months. Had no idea AND nobody told me. 

So, I am going to go flop on the bed and watch preseason football. Yes, it will be bad football. But, if it gets too crappy, I can go find a British mystery to watch. That way Scott can start wandering around again tonight while saying, "Inspector, there has been a murder."


No comments: